Collaborative platform on arts, literature, and thought
Recently, Soonest Mended was lucky enough to have one of its articles, “The War Within” by Mika Kasuga, featured on Freshly Pressed!
Before the Freshly Pressed craziness, we had a very modest number of followers (forty to fifty), and now we have over two hundred followers. This is still modest compared to other blogs, but five times larger than the initial number and definitely worthy of celebration.
So we’d like to thank our readers, new and old, for their interest in our articles. It means a lot to all of us to be able to share our ideas and musings with you. And thanks to the Freshly Pressed community of editors and readers as well!
They say good news never comes alone. This proved true for us too, as fellow blogger Astro Traveller generously nominated us for the Liebster Award. The idea behind the award is “based on mutual acknowledgement and reciprocal promotion. It helps bloggers, and in particular newbies, to get noticed in the big blogosphere.”
Sincere thanks to Astro Traveller for this kind gesture, and we encourage you to check out their fascinating blog that interweaves traveling writing and astrology (and beautiful photographs, too)!
To accept the award, we have to follow a set of guidelines, which are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers.
5. Create a new list of 11 questions for the blogger to answer.
6. List these rules in your post.
7. Inform the people that you nominated and provide a link for them to your post.
Here are our answers to the 11 questions:
1. [Shijung] What’s the inspiration behind your blog?
2. [Shijung] Where in the world do you wish to be right now? Very happy where I am now, but would love to visit friends in New York or be back home in Seoul.
3. [Robert] Can you share a secret of yours that most people don’t know about? No, I can’t. Then it wouldn’t be a secret.
4. [Robert] If there is one thing in the world that you would like to change and make a difference, what would that be and why? In terms of relevance to our blog, I would like for people to read more. I would hope that a broader acquaintance with the world, with different customs and different people, both real and fictional, would foster a widespread empathy and gentle understanding among people.
5. [Keir] What would be your dream come true? The collective transformation of societal values, motivated by impulses of creativity and inclusivity, toward the betterment of education on all levels.
6. [Keir] Which ancient civilisation would you have liked to live in? One that doesn’t have a history.
7. [Mika] What is it that you are the most proud of yourself? Be it an achievement or a personal trait. Probably my total passion for reading? It’s shaped so much of who I am, and what I do etc, but on the flip side it’s not something I earned.
8. [Mika] If you are to be greeted by an extraterrestrial on the streets one day, what would be the first thing that you want to tell them? I would ask them for access to the equivalent of their Library of Congress or whatever. Haha – Id just want to know all about them, and most of that would be in books. (Also if they had some sort of babel fish kind of thing that could translate everything for me)
9. [Emma] What are the three things that you can’t live without? (This is one of those horrible questions where every “need” that isn’t a basic one IE food or water makes you feel really privileged and embarrassed, but) Tea, books, and friendship!
10. [Emma] If you were an animal, what would you be and why? I would be an elephant, because I am both mischievous and melancholic and I think they are too.
11. [Team] Now is your chance to share anything with us, what would you like us to know? Thanks for reading Soonest Mended!
Our nominations for the Liebster award, in no particular order:
Here are the 11 new questions for the nominated blogs:
1. Do you write differently for your blog than you would for other mediums or platforms?
2. What book has been most influential in forming your outlook on life?
3. One thing you hope to accomplish?
4. What is your dream job?
5. Describe one of your favorite days.
6. If you had a time machine, would you travel to the past or the future?
7. Which fictional character do you most resemble?
8. Fox Mulder told us that the truth is out there? What do you think he meant?
9. Where would you most like to travel?
10. Where would you most like to live?
11. Tell us about something you do really well.